Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blog 25: mentorship

Literal:
log
Kim Vollers, San Antonio community hospital; 9099852811
Janice Chow American Cancer Society; 6265646078
Interpretive: The most important thing I experienced was the willingness people had to help others. The nurses and workers at the American Cancer Society wanted to help people. They weren't there because it was their job the genuinely wanted to help people, and that is why it was their job. They truly appreciate every moment of it.
Applied: Working with the american cancer society in person and as well as over the phone and email in unlisted hours, showed me the help they have to offer. It really helped me in choosing to  say that families need to use the resources provided by and stay in contact with the American Cancer Society as my best answer. Not only that seeing the materials provided by the American cancer society at the hospital and seeing their involvement in their events helped me a great deal as well.
Though being at the hospital and receiving a chance to talk to the nurses and hear their feedback was a wonderful opportunity I am glad I did not miss out on. My second answer, empowering families with knowledge stems from what both my mentor Livia Vargas said in interview number two and what Jamie Anderson said in interview 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment