Sunday, May 12, 2013

Exit interview questions


1) What is your essential question?  What is the best answer to your question and why?
How can a family best cope with a breast cancer diagnosis? My best answer is to stay in contact with and use the resources provided by the American Cancer Society. It is very easy to tell people to go get help, however help isn't always easy to find. The American Cancer Society helps you help yourself. This non-profit organization has many different programs such as the Reach to Recovery program where women with breast cancer are paired with other women who have the same diagnosis and treatment as them to meet and show they are not alone. The american cancer society also provides a 24 hour hotline, constant updated research and countless events for survivors and their families throughout the year.
(2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer?
I volunteered at multiple places throughout my mentorship, and every where I went the American Cancer Society was a part of that. Their pamphlets, speakers, and influence is greatly seen. At the hospital I volunteer at pamphlets provided by the American Cancer Society are given to the patients so that they can help themselves figure out what to do next. I used cancer.org constantly throughout my research as well
(3) What problems did you face?  How did you resolve them?
When I first began volunteering at San Antonio Community hospital I wasn't allowed to do much and I realized that it wasn't going to good enough for the year. I couldn't exactly learn much from filling up water glasses and wheeling out patients. That's when I decided to volunteer at the American Cancer Society. Unfortunately the closest offices is in Pasadena and I live in Pomona. But I made the commitment to drive out there despite having transportation difficulties. My car broke down 2 times driving home late at night on the 210 fwy and eventually on my way to mentorship caught on fire. Once that happened my parents bought me a new car and I no longer had transportation problems.
(4) What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why?
The American Cancer Society's website really helped me learn cancer facts, and learn about the different programs that the organization provided. Multiple links such as the PDF's placed out every year and the "Find Support, and Treatment" link really helped provide me with great information. 
(5) What is your product and why?
Throughout the course of the mentorship I have become a very active member of many volunteer activities. I participate in CPS3 and the legislative ambassador program. I have really enjoyed helping out these people and plan on participating in these programs for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment